Relational, Generous, Responsible, Creative & Excellent
Born out of a vision to "do church" in a more relevant way, the dairy herd and milking barns that made up Horton Cross Farm gave way to become the vibrant Monks Yard you see today.
Fuelled by a passionate army of volunteers, paid staff, regulars and supporters, MY Community (working name of the Monks Yard Trust) aims to sow deeper into people's lives, both here on site and by reaching out to the local community around us.
We host regular community events including charity days, gardeners gatherings, social connect clubs, acoustic 'open mic' evenings, photography & craft clubs, cafe church & christian worship gatherings and a community garden project helping and mentoring those struggling with life.
In June 2016 we launched Baby Basics South Somerset, a project that provides essetial items needed for life with a new baby to vulnerable families in our community. To find out more please visit our Facebook page; www.facebook.com/babybasicssouthsomerset
All this is underpinned with a focus on prayer that started in the 13th century when benedictine monks were first based here.
What's going on.......
- Wednesday 22nd - MY Community Day! In aid of Somerset Wildlife Trust http://bit.ly/2iVRRh9 *Over £500 raised on the day! Thank you so much for all who came along and for SWT for sharing the day with us*
March 2017 - new menu in the cafe
- Friday 17th - Baby Basics quiz night at the Archie Gooch Pavillion, Ilminster. 7:30pm
- Sunday 19th - Sunday Service with Communion, 10:30am
- Tuesday 21st - Connect with Photography Group, 7:30pm
- Wednesday 23rd - MY Community Day! In aid of Baby Basics Somerset.
- Sunday 26th - 1:00am BST Officially starts, don't forget to change your clocks!
- Sunday 26th - Bring and Share lunch, 10:30am
- Thursday 30th - Gardeners Gathering at 2:00pm
April 2017 - New cafe menu
- Sunday 2nd - Cafe Church, all welcome, 10:30am
- Tuesday 4th - Creative Connect 7:30pm
- Friday 7th - BIIG Networking breakfast, 7:00am
- Friday 7th - Acoustic Connect, 7:30pm
- Sunday 9th - Sunday Service, 10:30am
- Friday 14th - CLOSED for the Easter BH
- Saturday 15th - CLOSED for the Easter BH
- Sunday 16th - Easter Sunday service, open to all, 10:30am
- Monday 17th - CLOSED for the Easter BH
- Tuesday 18th - Connect with photography, 7:30pm
- Friday 21st - BIIG Networking 7:00am
- Friday 21st - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND PART 2 Back by popular demand we are delighted to host the musical talents of Ellie Baur, Elijah Wolf, Anje Graefe, Larkham & Hall and Mark Barnwell. This event WILL sell out so please don't delay in booking your tickets. Please call into the cafe to book.
- Sunday 23rd - Bring and share lunch Service, 10:30am
- Wednesday 26th - MY Community Day! In support of St Margarets Hospice, and with thanks to Charlotte and Geoff. More details TBA
- Thursday 27th - Gardeners Gathering in the cafe, 2pm
- Friday 28th - BIIG breakfast meeting, 7:00am
- Sunday 30th - Sunday Service, all welcome. 10:30am
Today is a Gift - That's why it's called the Present. - See more at: http://www.4networking.biz/Events/Details/57511#sthash.7i5J9Gs8.dpuf
If you would like to know more about anything mentioned above please do get in touch.
Tel: 01460 200020, Email: email@example.com and follow the Monks Yard on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.
MY COMMUNITY DAYS
On the fourth Wednesday of each month we share a days cafe takings with a charity of our choice, and the hard working cafe staff. It's a small way of giving back to our local community, and also giving charities the chance to promote themselves. Since October 2014 this has raised well over £11,000 for 23 different charities. And helped raise awareness of some of the smaller, local charities in our area. Please do get in touch if you would like to contribute or have a charity close to your heart that we can support.
Business In Ilminster Group
Do you have a business in Ilminster, Chard, Crewkerne or surrounding area? If so come along every Friday to Monks Yard for a great breakfast and to network with like minded folk. We're a friendly bunch and would love to meet you! For more infomation: http://www.biignetworking.co.uk or @BIIG_networking
Images © Monks Yard